International SOS offers expert assistance worldwide and around the clock to
help you prepare for travel, and manage health and safety
issues while on business travel away from your home country or international assignment.
Some of their services include:
- 24-hour advice from physicians with multilingual staff
- Predeparture and nonemergency travel-related information (visas, immunizations, destination reports, health hazards
and consular services).
- Referrals for routine and emergency medical and dental
- Arranging for replacement of prescription medications (you are
required to pay via credit card).
- Foreign language assistance for health issues.
- Arrangement of medical appointments, hospitalization and
- Guarantee of emergency medical expenses for hospital admission (which relieves you from having to pay out-of-pocket to obtain
services). Note: You are responsible for all incurred charges
and may be contacted by the Occupational Health
department when TI receives the ISOS invoice, so you can file with
insurance and pay your portion.
- Worldwide emergency medical interventions/evacuations.
- Transport of mortal remains.
Eligibility for these services includes:
- All TIers and accompanying dependents on business travel away from home country
- All expatriates and families
- TIer and dependents on personal travel, if each is covered
by TI Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
When you are faced with a medical emergency while traveling
away from your home country, to obtain immediate assistance, your
first call should be to International SOS at 215-942-8226 (collect calls accepted) 24 hours a day, seven days a week. ISOS
will arrange everything: direction to an appropriate health care
provider, ambulance transportation, arranging hospital
admission, monitoring your care, ensuring you are
Wallet reference cards
TravelWell / International SOS wallet cards are available
for you to keep handy for quick reference. Visit the International SOS website to download your wallet card.
Visit the International
SOS website for medical, travel, safety and cultural information, and wallet reference cards.
(TI member number ... 1CMA1047)