On-site flu vaccinations
Every fall at most TI locations in the U.S., TI offers free on-site flu vaccinations to TIers and their covered family members.
In addition to the fall events, anytime during the year TIers and family members covered by TI medical insurance can receive 100% coverage of flu shots and other qualified preventive procedures.
Who's eligible for free on-site vaccinations?
- TI employees in the U.S. can recieve a free flu shot, regardless of what type of medical coverage you have. Just show your badge at the registration table.
- TIers' spouses/partners and other dependents age 9 and older can also receive a flu shot, covered at 100 percent if enrolled in a TI-sponsored medical plan.
- Spouses/dependents are required to show their medical ID cards to receive the flu shot at no charge
Other individuals can pay $24 (cash or check) to receive a vaccine at the TI on-site clinics. You must pay at the time of service if you are a:
- TI contractor
- Spouse/partner/dependent not enrolled in a
TI-sponsored medical plan
Can't attend on-site?
You can visit a physician in your insurance carrier's network to receive a flu shot at 100 percent coverage. You can also receive a flu shot at a local pharmacy and file a claim with your carrier, however it may be reimbursed based on the cost of the service through a network physician. If you’re in the Blue Cross Blue Shield HDHP or PPO, be sure to use a network pharmacy. That way you won’t have to pay anything or file a claim.
Consult a physician, if needed
Some people should not be vaccinated without first consulting a physician. These include:
- People with severe allergy to chicken eggs and/or egg products
- People who have had a severe reaction to an influenza vaccination in the past
- People who developed Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS) within six weeks of getting an influenza vaccine
- Children younger than 6 months old
- People who have a moderate or severe illness. If you have a fever, you should wait to get vaccinated until your symptoms improve.
- People who have an allergy to Thimerosal (used as a preservative in vaccines)
NOTE: The flu vaccine used in these clinics includes Thimerosal.
If you have questions about this program, email myHealth@list.ti.com.